Fun4Us

Hey there! Welcome to Fun4Us! If you're already a member, just log in. Smile
If you're not, well we'd love for you to join! So just click the Register button. Very Happy Any questions or comments you might have, feel free to tell one of the boards Administrators or Moderators or send an e-mail at funforusforums@yahoo.com
Thank you!

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Fun4Us

Hey there! Welcome to Fun4Us! If you're already a member, just log in. Smile
If you're not, well we'd love for you to join! So just click the Register button. Very Happy Any questions or comments you might have, feel free to tell one of the boards Administrators or Moderators or send an e-mail at funforusforums@yahoo.com
Thank you!

Fun4Us

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Fun4Us

3 posters

•Highschool Secrets•

Szamii.!
    Szamii.!
    Site Owner/Founder
    Site Owner/Founder

Location : Somewhere in NY... If you ask me where... you're a stalker. O.o >:|

•Highschool Secrets• Empty •Highschool Secrets•

Post by Szamii.! Wed Jun 09, 2010 4:22 pm

Maturity-high/kissing:hugging, etc. Violence, killing *of animals,mostly*
    Fantasy-Medium/high: Vampires, etc.
    (Don't be too brutal or anything, but this is just my amature attempt at writting. I read at 12th grade level, not write ;] )

♦Chapter 1: First day back♦

It was the first day back to school. The summer vacation had been long, and agonizing. I walked up the sidewalk reluctantly. The school came into view, and I grimaced. River Time high school. I looked at the cheerleaders on the campus, doing a routine. I saw the jocks tossing around a football. I scanned over the entire thing, even looking deep into the woods. Then I saw a boy sitting on the bench. I sort of remembered seeing him in a few classes of mine last year. This year we were sophomores.

I walked over to the bench, and sat next to the boy. He was playing his guitar. It sounded wonderful. I soon then said, “You play really well.” He looked up at me, and gave into a slight smile. I returned a bigger smile. It had been the first time in a while, that I smiled. “My name is Auralia. I remember you from a few classes last year. But I seem to have forgotten your name.” the boy smiled, and looked at the ground. A small breeze blew, making his dirty blonde hair get blown to the side a bit. It was somewhat long, and a bit spiky. He looked back at me, his hazel eyes shining in the sunlight. He then said, “My name is Alex. Nice to meet you, Auralia.” He gave into a smile.

Then the bell rang. I got up, and started walking toward the school. A bunch of people rushed inside. A summer like breeze blew my hair to the side. My dark brown hair shined in the light. “See yah later, Alex.” And with that I walked into the school. I headed to my locker, then. I did the combination into the lock, and opened up my locker, grabbing only my necessary books. I then headed off to my first period class of the day. History. Oh how I despised that class, but, I did well in it, making it a pretty good subject for me. I looked down at my schedule, memorizing my entire day.

I then walked into the class, taking a seat in the farthest corner possible. I looked out the window. I remembered the first time I came to this school, getting a message on the answering machine. I remembered that this was a school for the more “special” people, like me. I was a vampire. I secretly smiled to myself, and then I heard someone walk into the room. I saw who it was. It was Alex. He came over and sat by me. “Hi Alex.” I said quietly. “Hello Auralia.” He replied. Just then, the teacher walked in. I looked at him. Then I looked back at Alex. He had the prettiest eyes I’d ever seen, and he was nice. His skin was pale, against his dirty blonde hair. He looked so fake, so plastic. He looked somewhat like me. I once looked in a mirror, before I was bitten, noticing my tan skin, my dark brown hair, my blue eyes. That was all changed now. I was now pale. I was a blood-thirsty monster. I hunted animals.

Then the teacher started to write on the board, his name. “Okay class. My name is Mr. Holloway. I will be your history teacher for your 10th grade year. Today we are learning about the slave trade!” most people let out a groan of disapproval. I didn’t really care. I’d learned about the slave trade multiple times. I listened intently to the teacher, and I took all of the information in. By the end of class, I was ready for the next. The bell rang, and I gathered up my books, got up and out of my seat, and caught up with Alex.

“Hey, what class do you have next?” I said, walking beside him, the lights shining upon my eyes. He looked over at me and said, “Art. And you?” I smiled, showing my fangs, and said, “Me, too.” Just then he noticed my fangs, and then smiled, showing his. “You have fangs, too?” he asked. I replied with, “Yeah, I’m a vampire.” He smiled, and then said, “So am I.”

I then entered the art room, taking a seat near a wall, in the back. Alex sat across from me, and I smiled, looking at his eyes. Then the teacher walked in. She said, “Welcome class. My name is Mrs. Blair. Today we will be drawing a picture, to get the year started.” Just then I got that certain twinkle in my eye, like I do every time I get happy. I loved drawing, and was really good at it; therefore, I would do well. The teacher started passing out paper, and as soon as I received my paper, I grabbed my pencil and started to draw. I was drawing a picture of a person, a girl, in a dress. She was holding a black rose, a tear streaming down her face. The dress had a rather large bow on the back, and it was a grey dress. My picture didn’t consist of any colour.

I looked up at Alex’s picture, which was coming along in progress. He looked like he was drawing a dragon slayer. The dragon was gorgeous. By the end of class, his picture, and my picture was all gray-scale. I stood up, and gave my picture to the teacher. Alex did the same thing. She looked them over quite well, until she called the class’ attention. They all looked up at the teacher, and she then said, “This is what I look for. You shall use these pictures as your inspiration.” She smiled at Alex, and I. We then sat back down.

About five minutes later, the bell rang. I got up, and headed for gym class. Alex went in a different direction, flashing me a subtle smile before leaving. I returned a smile. Then I went to gym class, changing into my gym uniform. It had our school mascot on the shirt, and a pair of shorts. All boy’s and girl’s gym classes wore the same uniform. I headed up the stairs after changing, from the gym locker room. Then the rest of the girls came upstairs. Today we were playing volleyball. I had to start the game. They made me serve quite often, being that I was really good at it. It was half and hour into gym, and then someone else served the ball. It flew right under the net and hit me in the stomach. I fell to the floor. I hit my head pretty hard, because the next thing I knew, I couldn’t see nor could I hear.

*Next post: Page 1, post 2*

Last edited by Szamii.! on Thu Jun 10, 2010 7:18 pm; edited 4 times in total
    Szamii.!
    Szamii.!
    Site Owner/Founder
    Site Owner/Founder

•Highschool Secrets• Empty Re: •Highschool Secrets•

Post by Szamii.! Wed Jun 09, 2010 4:22 pm

♦Chapter 2: Unconscious♦

I woke up to find myself in the nurse’s office. I found out from the nurse that I’d been out for about an hour. She then told me how I had gotten knocked out. I grimaced. Then I sat up, and got dizzy. She gave me some water to drink, and so that is what I did. Soon I was able to leave the nurse’s office, and so I did. I walked to my fifth period class. When I walked in, people stared at me. I saw Alex. He had a worried look on his face. I went over and sat next to him. This was biology class. He looked at me, and said, “What happened? I heard you were in the nurse’s office.” I looked at him, and said, “Yes, that I was. I’d gotten knocked out, playing volleyball. The ball hit me in the stomach, and I fell, and then I hit my head on the floor, getting knocked out.” He gave me a very worried look. I put my hands on the table, looking them over, as they shook. Alex looked at my hands, and took one of them in his. He set it back down on the table. “Calm yourself, Auralia. It’s fine, now.” I gave into a subtle smile.

We were learning how to safely handle chemicals. This made me bored. I always hated learning this, because I’ve learned it many times before. Soon we were working on a worksheet. I finished quickly. The class was almost over, when I looked at Alex and said, “I’m skipping next class, what about you?” Sometimes I skipped class. It was only when I was really bored. But today it was different. I just wanted to be in the woods, with all the air around me, and being free. Alex then said, “I guess I could come…”

Then the bell rang. I got up, and headed for a door, making sure none of the teachers saw Alex and me. I walked outside towards the woods. I kept walking, straight forward. Soon I came to a clearing. There was a small stream, and a pond. I walked over to a rather large sized rock, and sat on it, waving to Alex to follow me. “Isn’t it beautiful out here? This is where I come, fairly often.” Alex came over and sat by me. I gave him a smile. Alex replied with, “Yeah, it is rather pretty.” And then I smiled more.

The time passed by quickly; because by the time we headed back to school it’d been an hour. I went to English, and sat there, in all my boredom. We were learning about the book we were going to be reading. I kept waiting for the bell to ring. I was somewhat hungry, and had lunch next. I wait intently, concentrating on what I wanted to do for lunch, being that I didn’t actually eat.

Soon the bell rang, and I got up and rushed out of the class. I walked into the cafeteria, and looked for somewhere to sit. As soon as I found somewhere, I went to the empty table in the corner, and sat there silently eating. Alex was sitting over by his friends, and I was okay with that, but then he saw me, and walked over, to sit by me. I gave him a strange look, and then said, “Why don’t you keep sitting by your friends?” and he replied with, “Because, I’d rather sit by you.” So I smiled a bit. “So… What’s up?” I questioned.
    “Nothing much. How ‘bout you?”
    “Just sitting in a corner…” I said, a faint smile forming on my lips.

Lunch sadly passed by quickly. I was quick to find myself sitting in technology. My least favourite class. It was boring, and seemed as if it dragged on for hours. I sat in front of my computer, getting sick of reading about Archimedes. Though I had a strong passion for art, I didn’t have one quite as strong for history, and the important inventors. I was sitting at the computer, tapping my pencil against my notebook, to try and pass the time, but that just made it worse. I absolutely despised this class. The teacher was okay, I suppose, if you were into that type of nerdy person.

After technology, the rest of the day passed by rather quickly. I went to my locker, and got my backpack, and then walked out the front doors onto the campus. Then I heard my name being called. I looked back and saw Alex. I smiled, and he came running over, and hugged me, and then grabbed my arms, and said, “I’m so glad you’re okay. Yah know, from, uh, passing out earlier.” He sounded sort of unsure of himself. I looked at him, with sympathetic eyes. “I’m sorry for scaring you… It’s just, during volleyball I got knocked out…” I said, calmly. I didn’t want to make him any more uneasy than he was already. I smiled at him, with nothing else to do, and he returned a small, subtle smile. I kept walking, in the shadows, for the fear of going in the sun overruled me.

After a minute of silence, his hand brushed against mine, and I grabbed for it. He must have had the same thought, as if reading my mind, because just then, I felt his hand in mine. I relaxed a bit, but still nervous, considering I’d just met him, as of this morning. He looked at me, and smiled, his blue eyes showing my reflection. I looked at it, deeply, not knowing how I actually looked, being that I’d been a Vampire for quite some years now. Once I got near my house, I looked at him. He hadn’t left yet. “I’m taking it you live around here, too?” I asked, quietly. He looked at me, a subtle smile on tugging at his mouth. “Yeah, I live up the street.” I looked at him, a bit surprised. “So do I…” I said, standing in front of my house now. Then I remembered talking to him from last year. I smiled, and then said, “I’ve to go now… This is my house.” He looked at me, and pointed weakly at the house across the street. “I’ve got to go, too. See you tomorrow?” he asked, sounding hopeful. I nodded, smiled one last time, and then pivot footed, turning to my house, and walking up the driveway.

Once I was inside, and went upstairs quickly, to my room. I sat on the little ottoman in front of the window, and pulled my homework out of my backpack. I peered out the window, quickly, and then saw Alex. I probably would’ve blushed, if not for the fact that I was a Vampire. He waved, and then I moved on to my homework.

Later in the night, my work was finished, and I lay on my ottoman, drawing in my sketch book. My iPod was playing my favourite song, Imaginary, by Evanescence. I smiled, singing along. It described my life so well, most of the time. I looked out the window at the stars in the sky, the moon shining brightly, against the black of the sky.

After drawing more, I walked outside. I walked behind the house, swiftly, staying to the sides of the house. I emerged, into the woods, passing the tree line. It was dark, and as I walked on, I could hear the echoes, the sticks cracking around me, the movement.

I lurked behind the trees. Every step drawing me closer to my prey. Finally, it was in sight. The deer. It was large, a buck, of seemingly great strength. Its fur was light beige, or which shone in the moonlight. I drew closer, it coming into better sight. Soon, I was close enough; and then, I leapt forward, my fangs sinking into its neck, penetrating its fur and flesh. At first, it kicked, and then, its motions slowed, until I knew it was dead. I walked away from the scene.

I kept walking. Soon, I saw a figure in the distance, of a person. I ducked behind a tree, lurking around, in the shadows, and darkness. I drew close enough, and saw it was Alex. I walked out from behind the tree, looking like I was wandering, randomly. He neared me, his fangs barred, and I said, “Hold it, dude.” He looked at me, as I entered a strip of moonlight. His defensive position turned into a relaxed stance, and he smiled a bit. “What are you doing out here?” he asked.
    “Hunting. Wandering.” I said, with hesitation, or thought.
    “Same here,” he said, “so… Anything good?”
    I shrugged, looking at him. “Just a buck… A huge one.” I said, trailing off.
    He smiled, and then looked around. He saw a doe, and then, lunged forward, attacking it, bringing it to the ground. A thud escaped, and then the sound of it bawling in pain. The bawling died down, and then everything was silent. He pulled away, lingering back toward me. I smiled, and then climbed up a tree, sitting on the branch. He climbed up next to me, sitting by my side. I smiled, leaning against him, my head on his shoulder, him leaning against the tree.

*Next post: Page 1, post 5*

Last edited by Szamii.! on Thu Jun 10, 2010 7:19 pm; edited 1 time in total
    MyjesticS
    MyjesticS

Post by MyjesticS Wed Jun 09, 2010 9:31 pm

I figure since you're doing your chapters on new posts, you'll delete this, but. I think it's awesome! I love it! ... Especially at the end, where you stop on Chapter two... That's soo cool! I can't wait to read the rest of it.

(Umm... IDK if you ever heard of Young Authors... You might want to enter this! Smile It sounds really great. Smile You might make it to state. Smile)
    glamglam
    glamglam
    Site Owner/Founder
    Site Owner/Founder

Post by glamglam Wed Jun 09, 2010 9:54 pm

OMG. SZAM. YOU HAVE 111 POSTS. CONGRATS! xD
    sorry. that's the... ahh, lucky number. xD

anyways, i love your story!! it's awesome. ^.^
    Szamii.!
    Szamii.!
    Site Owner/Founder
    Site Owner/Founder

Post by Szamii.! Thu Jun 10, 2010 4:40 am

Thanks guys.!
    I work on writing, and poetry, A LOT!
    LOL, Glam. I know. I love it. That number was like, full of ones!!!!
    Szamii.!
    Szamii.!
    Site Owner/Founder
    Site Owner/Founder

Post by Szamii.! Thu Jun 10, 2010 7:16 pm

♦Chapter 3: Truth beyond Lies♦

I opened my eyes to find myself out in the woods. Then I remembered where I had been last night, and that I was with Alex. Beside the fact, it didn’t matter where I was, considering it was Saturday.

I stretched my arms a bit, and then jumped down from the branch. I looked around, scanning everything with my eyes. Then I sniffed the air. Alex was gone. I shrugged, knowing that he probably let me sleep, and went home. I looked around once more, until I saw a deer. I crept up on it, and then with one swift movement, it was laying on the ground, me drinking its blood. I smiled, with triumph. Then I stood up, and walked away. I slowly wandered home, to take a shower, and get ready for the day.

Once I finally reached home, I walked inside, quietly. I knew my mom was working, even though it was Saturday. I walked upstairs, and went into my room, grabbing some clean clothes. Then I went into the bathroom, and took a shower. After I was done, I went back downstairs. I went into the kitchen, and sat down at the table. “Why would vampires needs a kitchen? To look normal? Nobody’s normal…” I muttered absentmindedly to myself.

I went and got my sketchpad and then started drawing a picture. After a while, I noticed it was of Alex. I smiled, faintly, and then finished it. It looked realistic. Once I was done looking the picture over, I closed my sketchpad and then left the house. I was extremely bored. As I walked down the driveway, a strong gust of wind blew. I pulled my hood up, and kept walking. I got onto the sidewalk, and saw a girl walking her dog. I smiled, and kept going.

I soon reached the park. It was empty. Nobody was there, no wandering children, no bikers. Nobody. I looked around, and then kept walking. It was somewhat chilly, but not to the extent that I couldn’t stand it. I soon came to a tree, with much foliage. I sat under it, and pulled out my book. I read silently. No speaking, moving, my breathing shallow, and hardly audible. Then the wind blew. I kept my page where it was, which was hard, due to the wind being so strong.

Soon I was finished reading, because of it being so hard. I stood up, and pulled my hood back up. Then I proceeded to walk, on the little sidewalk path. I soon came back to where the sidewalk leads to the edge of the street. I stayed far from the street, because of fears I’d had previously, and still now.

Once I got home, I pulled out my cell phone. I turned it on, and got a message. It was Alex. I responded to it, by texting, ‘Heyy. Wassup’
    ‘Nothin…’
    ‘Sounds boring… Wanna hang out?’
    ‘Sure.’

I smiled. ‘Cool. Be over in a sec.’ I texted back. Then I closed my phone, and bounded down the stairs. I left the house again, and walked across the street, and arrived at his house. Just as I went to knock on the door, he answered it. “Hey!” I said, with a smile.
    “Hey, what’s up?” he asked.
    “Uh… Nothing.” I said, with a slight shrug.

Alex nodded. “Good point. C’mon let’s go do something… I’m bored, and you look it, too…” he said, with a slight smile in his voice. I nodded, and said, “Okay… But, can we go to the bookstore? Please? There’s a book I really want…” I smiled an innocent smile. He smiled back, and said, “Fine,” he laughed, lightly, “if you think it’s necessary.” He said, joking around.

I nodded, and started walking toward the sidewalk. He followed closely behind me. I turned around, and looked at him. “So… You have been in book stores, before, right?” I was curious, because he’d acted as if he hadn’t or just avoided them.
    He nodded, and said, “Yeah… Of course I have. I mean, I read and all, but not too often. More or less like, only when I need to use a book for info…” he had a slightly crooked smile on his face.

I bit my lip. “Okay.” I smiled, oddly, still biting my lip. My front teeth and fangs showed as I adjusted my sweater, so the hood was somewhat around my neck. As vampires, we tried to fit in with society, so we tried to look as normal as possible. Even if that meant going out in the daytime, or dressing appropriately according to weather. I wondered how many other vampires, or ‘mythical’ species lived among this area, and if they’d ever show themselves.

I soon turned back around, and then Alex was right by my side. I smiled at him. He was walking close to me. He was just as cold as I. After a few more minutes of walking, we arrived at the book store. I smiled; it was brown on the outside, as if it was made of wood, fancy lettering spelling out the name. I opened one of the doors, and walked through. I could feel the warm air, and the smell of books. I liked it. I opened the other door, and held it for Alex, as he walked through the first. Once he and I were both inside, I let my grip of the door, go. Then, I proceeded to the section of which I usually got my books. As soon as I was there, I was looking through all of the books, and then finally I found the one I wanted. I picked it up, and smiled, while hugging it. Alex chuckled. I stuck my tongue out at him.

While we were walking to the register, to pay, he found something he thought was interesting, so he got it. We both paid for the books, and then left. “So, where to now?” I asked. He shrugged, and said, “Maybe we could just wander around town…?” I nodded, and then said, “Sure… Sounds fine… Or just go to the mall or something…” she suggested. Alex nodded.

Soon we arrived at the mall. It was huge. “Ok, let’s go look around for something to do.” I said, in a somewhat childish voice. I sounded so small, now. He nodded, and said, “Okay, c’mon.” he said, smiling faintly at me, and walking toward the doors. He opened one, and held it for me. I smiled, nodded, and then walked through. “Thanks.” I said quietly. He nodded.

Soon we were wandering the mall, looking around like tourists seeing the Eiffel Tower. We kept walking, until we saw a place, with bright lighting, and shiny objects inside. We walked toward the entrance, slowly, in a daze; it was like an alien stepping off its spaceship for the first time ever…
    MyjesticS
    MyjesticS

Post by MyjesticS Fri Jun 11, 2010 4:57 pm

Very interesting third chapter. Smile You're very good at this... Smile I would put my story, *that's completed* that I put for Young Authors, but... I'm always about safety... *I wouldn't want someone tracking my story to Young Authors, then find my address.... such and such..* It's a pet peve of mine. I hate that I'm like this.. Oops... I forgot.. This is your story *Laughs* Anyway, Again great story. Smile I can't wait to read the rest. Hehe Smile
    Szamii.!
    Szamii.!
    Site Owner/Founder
    Site Owner/Founder

Post by Szamii.! Fri Jun 11, 2010 5:03 pm

THanks. And yeah, I know what'cha mean. XD I'm like that, too. ^.^
    But, thanks, anyways, again. I'm working on chapter four, now. I finished that chapter, just last night, RIIIIIGHT before I posted it.
    MyjesticS
    MyjesticS

Post by MyjesticS Fri Jun 11, 2010 5:35 pm

Wow... You worked on it for a long while. LOL! Yeah, that was me... I made my pictures out of the art chalk.... I was up forever!
    Szamii.!
    Szamii.!
    Site Owner/Founder
    Site Owner/Founder

Post by Szamii.! Fri Jun 11, 2010 5:43 pm

LOL, niice.
    MyjesticS
    MyjesticS

Post by MyjesticS Fri Jun 11, 2010 6:44 pm

Thank you.. I wish I could show you what we came up with.. Me and my dad... Tho... He only helped with the first couple..

Anyway... I had the most brilliant idea ever!! Smile You know how in like WI ppl share threads???? What if ppl shared stories?? You know like every other chapter or somethin?? It would really turn a twist in the plot... I think it'd be really neat, to read two ppls different ideas on the subject. Smile Hehe
    Szamii.!
    Szamii.!
    Site Owner/Founder
    Site Owner/Founder

Post by Szamii.! Fri Jun 11, 2010 6:53 pm

That would be awesome!!!
    MyjesticS
    MyjesticS

Post by MyjesticS Sat Jun 12, 2010 1:04 am

Hmm... I wonder if anyone would like to share... (hmm... hint hint...) I wonder.... Hehe

(Not necessarily this story unless you wanna, but maybe a different thought and story... Smile Hehe)
    Szamii.!
    Szamii.!
    Site Owner/Founder
    Site Owner/Founder

Post by Szamii.! Sat Jun 12, 2010 6:59 am

(Yeah... This story will be my own creation... XD
    But, you could make a thread, and make it about that, on here. :] )
    MyjesticS
    MyjesticS

Post by MyjesticS Sat Jun 12, 2010 8:29 am

(What exactly do you mean?? Question )
    Szamii.!
    Szamii.!
    Site Owner/Founder
    Site Owner/Founder

Post by Szamii.! Sat Jun 12, 2010 9:06 am

(Like, make a thread about the story thing.
    Just, not my story... *I sound selfish... Sorry.*)
    MyjesticS
    MyjesticS

Post by MyjesticS Sat Jun 12, 2010 10:00 am

(Oh.. you're talking about starting a story that we'll share now... OK... I hope I'm getting this correctly.. Smile)
    Szamii.!
    Szamii.!
    Site Owner/Founder
    Site Owner/Founder

Post by Szamii.! Sat Jun 12, 2010 10:06 am

(Yes. Smile )
    MyjesticS
    MyjesticS

Post by MyjesticS Sat Jun 12, 2010 10:45 am

(OK... check it out... Smile I can't wait to see what you add to it. Smile)

*I hope you can work with it. LOL!*
    Szamii.!
    Szamii.!
    Site Owner/Founder
    Site Owner/Founder

Post by Szamii.! Sat Jun 12, 2010 11:08 am

LOL, yeah.
    MyjesticS
    MyjesticS

Post by MyjesticS Sat Jun 12, 2010 2:26 pm

*It's finished... It's called the Book of Shadows. Smile When ever you'd like to add chp two. Smile Just to be clear... we r sharing this story... right???? Sad Cause i'd be very embarrassed if we weren't... not that I would stop writing the story, but... you knw.... thinking you were helping and you weren't and... I'm talking to much now. Smile Embarassed Well ttyl. Smile*
    Szamii.!
    Szamii.!
    Site Owner/Founder
    Site Owner/Founder

Post by Szamii.! Sat Jun 12, 2010 9:06 pm

Yeah, we're sharing THAT story. Smile
    MyjesticS
    MyjesticS

Post by MyjesticS Sun Jun 13, 2010 3:14 pm

*OK... I don't feel like an idiot anymore. Haha. Smile*
    Szamii.!
    Szamii.!
    Site Owner/Founder
    Site Owner/Founder

Post by Szamii.! Sun Jun 13, 2010 5:36 pm

LOL!!
    MyjesticS
    MyjesticS

Post by MyjesticS Sun Jun 13, 2010 6:16 pm

*LOL! Smile*

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Sun May 12, 2024 5:19 pm