Fun4Us

Hey there! Welcome to Fun4Us! If you're already a member, just log in. Smile
If you're not, well we'd love for you to join! So just click the Register button. Very Happy Any questions or comments you might have, feel free to tell one of the boards Administrators or Moderators or send an e-mail at funforusforums@yahoo.com
Thank you!

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Fun4Us

Hey there! Welcome to Fun4Us! If you're already a member, just log in. Smile
If you're not, well we'd love for you to join! So just click the Register button. Very Happy Any questions or comments you might have, feel free to tell one of the boards Administrators or Moderators or send an e-mail at funforusforums@yahoo.com
Thank you!

Fun4Us

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Fun4Us

2 posters

The Book of Shadows

MyjesticS
    MyjesticS

The Book of Shadows Empty The Book of Shadows

Post by MyjesticS Sat Jun 12, 2010 10:44 am

*Title is gotten from the book in Charmed*

The Book of Shadows

*Part of the Book if you seem interested. Smile*
    I ran through the woods. I was streaming tears. I just wanted to be alone. I looked at the trees in front of me, the foliage hung low on the evening sky. I breathed. I looked around at forest. I looked at the book.

~~Chapter 1~~

I woke up on a regular Monday morning. I sighed. Today would be another day that would mean absolutely nothing to me. I stretched out my arms and walked to the second floor bathroom. I then started the shower. I undressed and hopped in.

After I got out I went to my room to dress. I first brushed my hair. Then, I dressed in my usual clothes. Nothing flashy, nothing fancy, but just something elegant. I had on black converse. I already had black hair. I had on bright colors after that. I put in a barrette and looked myself over. I had a cute green and pink dress on. I smiled, but all I could see was a little girl looking like she's going to her first day of kindergarten.

I shrugged and headed out. I grabbed my pack and turned off my light in my room. I headed down the stairs two at a time. I was still drowsy. I yawned. I grabbed a blueberry muffin, my favorite, and headed towards the bus stop. I looked both ways but no bus. I shrugged and sat on a sidewalk bench. I looked at the sky and prayed that today would be different.

The bus rolled up. The doors swung open with a gasp of air. I climbed in holding onto the rail. I looked at the first few seats, they were all filled. I looked left and right looking for the seat. I sighed. I walked all the way to the back and sat alone. I looked from side to side of each window. I looked at the front of the bus and awaited the doom that school would bring.

The bus squealed to a stop. I pouted. I stood up and gathered all my things. I frowned. "Here we go again." I said. I started through the small aisle of the tiny bus. I skipped down the stairs. I knew today would be horrible.

I walked straight to my locker. I grabbed my necessary books for first period. I then shut my locker and I jumped. There was a girl and a boy. The boy stared at me like I was a masterpiece. The girl had a strange sparkle in her eye. They seemed about my age. "Hello?" I said. I was confused.

I was about to turn around and head the other way to class, but then I saw the book. The book that started this story. The book that would lead to great tragedy. A book that would bring joy and sorrow. A book that was in her very fingertips. I looked at it in awe. That's when the girl got snappy, she the shoved it away in her pack and got a face that said she was selfish with the book.

I looked at the boy. He smiled faintly. I saw that gleam in his eye that he'd just won the lottery. I had a look on my face that said I was a little creeped out. The girl finally said, "Hello. I'm Sarah." She then looked at the boy. "This is my brother, Jesse." I was confused. I looked at his features in his delicate face.

I looked at the pack that held the mysterious book. My head spun. I wasn't sure that the bell rang, until they started hurrying in the other direction. I was dumbstruck. I blinked a few times and then hurried to Algebra.

That one hour seemed to drone on and on. I watched the clock tick, second by second. As I gathered my things, I walked out of the room. I then bumped into the boy. Jesse, I think it was. I smiled. "I never got to say my name." I started, but he finished it for me. "Oh, I know your name." I was shocked. I wanted to ask what it was, or how he knew, but I drifted into Lala Land.

"Hello?" I heard. It was very repetitive. I came back to life, it was Jesse. "You dozed off." I blushed. "I'm sorry." I tried. He smiled. "It's fine." I looked into his ice blue eyes. He still didn't tell me what me name was. I was confused. If he knew, why didn't he say it.

The bell rang, he then called, "I'll talk to you later." Then he disappeared with his sister into a classroom. I then closed the classroom door and sat in my seat for second period. I looked through my books. I forgot to go to my locker. I hit myself upside the head. I raised my hand. The teacher called on me first. I replied, "I'm very sorry but I forgot to grab my text book." She smiled and let me off the hook since it's the first day of school.

I zipped out to my locker. I opened it. I found a note. All I saw was "To: You" I was confused again. Why didn't it say my name. I looked around. No one else was in the halls. I opened it. It read...
    Szamii.!
    Szamii.!
    Site Owner/Founder
    Site Owner/Founder

Location : Somewhere in NY... If you ask me where... you're a stalker. O.o >:|

The Book of Shadows Empty Re: The Book of Shadows

Post by Szamii.! Sun Jun 13, 2010 7:22 pm

~~Chapter 2~~

'Meet me, at the 4th hour (lunch) outside... I've something to tell you...'
    The note was over. I was curious now. Extremly. I then continued to grab my text book, tucking the note inside of it, and heading back to class, quickly.

Once I was back in class, the teacher looked at me, and smiled. I smiled back, and then headed back to my seat. I pondered the note, thinking about who it could possibly be, and why I had to meet them. I was so deep in thought that I didn't even hear the teacher tell us that we were taking a quiz. It was to test what we already knew.

As I took the quiz, it became harder to think of the material. Eventually I did finish, though, and then went back to thinking. 'What could this mean... Nobody gives me notes, and how would they know that that's MY locker, on the first day...?' I thought.

Soon the teacher was collecting the quiz, and I was grateful for it. After she collected the quiz, we had freetime to do whatever. I pulled out my notebook, and doodled a bit.

Once the bell sounded, I got up, and rushed out, eager to get to my next class. Maybe there I'd find out who it was. But, whoever it might've been, was awfully sneaky for my likings. It made me cautious of everything at the moment.

I was quick to find myself in my next class; technology. This class was boring already. The dull coloured room, the machines, saws, the different materials to build with. It was all so obnoxious, and boring. The teacher walked in, and he began to talk.

Then Jesse and Sarah walked in, late. They were both graceful about the fact, and didn't even get in trouble. They sat down, and Jesse, once again, looked at me. I quickly turned my attention away, but then out of the corner of my eye, saw Sarah, partially scowling at me. Again, I looked away, and back at the teacher.

He assigned us seat, and then I went to mine. Coincidentally it was next to Jesse. I tried my hardest to look at the papers, but he looked at me, and said, "Hey, again."
    "Hey..." I said, quietly, like a kid.

Then I started reading through all the papers. He was still looking at me, as if I did something, or there was something wrong. Or, maybe, just maybe, somehow, he liked me... But, that was for me to soon find out.

I had to get something, just past Jesse's desk, and as I got up, to walk over, he stared, again. Sarah gave me a fake smile, with evil, cold eyes. I just kept walking, and got the little kit of building supplies.

As I headed back, I tripped lightly, but caught my balance. I tripped, quite often, in awkward situations. I sat back down, making sure I didn't pay any attention to Jesse, or Sarah. But, at least Jesse didn't look like he wanted to disembowl me.

When the bell rang, meaning the end of class, and then 4th hour, I was not only relieved, but also shaken with nerve. I didn't really want to meet whoever it was, but knew I had to.

I went outside, quickly, and then, as I was waiting, a hand reached out an grabbed my arm, pulling me around to the back of the school.

I looked at the face, through the dark shadows, and saw... Jesse. He looked serious now. He stared at me, with eyes that could penetrate. I gasped. He held up a finger, telling me to be quiet, and I followed orders.

Then he looked at me. A lighter expression on his face, "This is important... You are to speak nothing of it... Don't think of it... Don't mention anything around me, Sarah, or anyone else. The fate is your's..." he said, his voice smooth, calm, mysterious... Cold.
    MyjesticS
    MyjesticS

Post by MyjesticS Mon Jun 14, 2010 9:57 am

~~Chapter 3~~

"What's going on?" I asked trying to process his last sentence. He looked at me with his persuasive eyes. "Why am I here. Why am being signaled like this?" I looked at Jesse's eyes. "Casey. Just listen." That's the first time I heard anyone say my name. I looked at him in thought.

"Why did you want to see me here? Seriously." I asked. I wasn't in the mood for games. He stared into my eyes. "Your next." The bell rang as soon as he said the last sound of the 't'. I frowned. I hurried to Biology. Today we were learning about the safety tips. I shrugged because we learn this every year. I was bored. I looked around. I yawned of boredum.

An hour passed by. The bell rang once more. I hurried to my locker. I saw Jesse and Sarah. "Hey." I said smiling faintly. Sarah gave me a quick smile then scanned the hallways, as if she was looking for someone. Jesse watched my every move. I smiled awkwardly. He smiled back. I looked at the clock. The bell started to ring. It all of a sudden stopped. As well as everyone else in the halls. They froze. I looked at Sarah. She was frozen.

I looked at Jesse, he wasn't. "Wh-what's happening??" I was shocked. The words barely came out of my mouth. "Shh.." He put a finger to his lips. He grabbed my arm. "What's going on Jesse?" I looked at everyone. Teachers, students, everything was frozen. A girl was just dropping her books. The books were frozen in the air. I gasped.

Jesse looked back at me every once in a while. "Hurry... we don't have much time." He said blankly. "Time for what?" I carried my books by my chest. I looked around. I frowned. I wanted to know what was happening. Why was Jesse acting so strangely.

We turned many corners. We finally came outside. We were in the shadows. He lit a candle. "Watch." A swirling vortex appeared. An angel came out. Wait. It wasn't an angel. It was a woman floating in the air. She had a prom white dress on. She had eight wings, four on either side of her. My lower jaw lowered.

The lady looked at me. She smiled. "You... you're next." She said. She pointed at me. I looked at her confused. "Who are you?" I asked. She smiled at me. Then looked at Jesse disappointedly. "Why Jesse, you haven't told her. I'm ashamed." She snarled. I looked at me smiling. "You are a witch. In a line that will continue for eternity. You have been chosen to guard Jesse. He's the keeper of the book you saw in Sarah's hand this morning." I looked at her like she was a weirdo. "No, I'm a girl... Not a witch." I replied. I looked at Jesse. He nodded. "You can't deny it. You're drawn to the book." He looked at me.

I started to turn around. I ran to class. I didn't want to think about this right now. It didn't even make since. It was impossible. A witch? No... not me. I kept thinking. Then I thought about the book. But he's right. I'm drawn to the book. I looked around the class. Everyone was still frozen. Jesse entered the room. "Incendia." Everything unfroze. He walked over to me. "Incendia means fire, it's the only way to unfreeze. Ice is the way to freeze." He looked at me like I should be in awe. I wasn't. I rolled my eyes and got ready for class.

Sarah sat down. "Jesse." She called sternly. That was the first time I heard her be so... mean. I guessed the word was. I couldn't wait for English class to start. I looked around, the teacher walked in. "I'm Mrs. Lame." She said. We all laughed. She growled. "Stop. We have work to do." She had a horrid glare.

We learned about many things. But first, as usual, nouns, verbs, adverbs. I shrugged.

Last edited by MyjesticS on Sat Jul 03, 2010 7:44 pm; edited 2 times in total
    Szamii.!
    Szamii.!
    Site Owner/Founder
    Site Owner/Founder

Post by Szamii.! Thu Jun 17, 2010 4:53 pm

~~Chapter 4~~

As the class prgressed, I grew more bored with the class, and more curious of why I would possibly be 'the chosen one.' I wasn't a witch, like I'd said previously. I was only a girl, in highschool, like most other girls. I was definitely drawn to the book, which made me cautious of whether Jesse, and the lady were right, or if this was just a completely realistic dream. I was so confused at this point.

As the bell rang, I jumped up, and out of my seat. I rushed out of the room in such haste that I left one of my papers. Jesse walked over and picked up the paper, folded it up, and put it in his pocket.

I headed off to my last class of the day. Thankfully the last. Once I got there, I went into the corner, to take my seat. I liked it being in the corner. It made me feel comfortable for the first time today.

In class, we learned about odd things. I wasn't quite sure about what we were discussing, but I couldn't think straight to save my life. My head was too crowded with thoughts; all of them rushing by in a blur. It made me feel extremely dizzy.

Then the bell rang. I jumped out of shock, and happiness, and then quickly went to my locker. There, I grabbed all of my stuff I needed, shoving it into my bag. And then, there, when I closed my locker door, was Jesse. He was leaning so nonchalantly against another locker, looking at me as if I had the slightest clue to what was going on. THen he smiled, and took my hand. "You are a witch..." he muttered, and then froze everything. Ofcourse he had to do that, just so he could walk around saying 'incendia' like I didn't know latin.

"I am not a witch!" I proclaimed, in a shocking, yet firm voice. "There is no way I could ever possibly be one. I mean my- my mom wouldn't even let me!" I stammered. My frustration was slowly building, and he could tell.

Once we were outside, he turned to me, and said, "Look. You either cooperate or not. This is your destiny. Your fate. Without you to be the keeper of that book, I die. My life depends on you. Sarah may not be happy about it, but you shouldn't be worried about that..."

This was the most I'd heard him say to me, today. I was surprised at his level toned voice, and how calm it sounded. "I- bu- Fine... I'll try..." I studdered. My face flushed out of embarrassment. He nodded at me once, and then said "incendia" unfreezing everything, and taking me with him, again.

I had a feeling that this would be weird, but I just could tell at first, until now. Me walking with Jesse. Finding out I was a so-called 'witch'. Being the keeper of a book I am utterly drawn to. All to save the life of Jesse...

We soon got to where he was taking me. It seemed like a house. A brick house. But it was much more elegant. "Is this your house or something?" I asked, curiously.

He nodded slightly. "You could call it that..." he said, looking back at me quickly, and then leading me inside. It was very elaborate and pretty inside. Golds, dark reds, and blacks. I looked around in shock, but kept my awe to myself. It was the prettiest thing I'd ever seen.
    MyjesticS
    MyjesticS

Post by MyjesticS Sun Aug 22, 2010 1:42 pm

~Chapter 5~

Then, a presence of Medievil hit me. I stammered. I wasn't sure why his house was so cold. I felt a chill down my spine. I looked more at the very detailed house. I wondered where he was taking me. By now we had already gone through the living room, dining room, and a bedroom. Finally we stopped running. I looked around. We seemed to be in a library of sorts. He set the book in front of me. I looked at it puzzled. I stuck my hand out to touch it. Jesse slapped my hand. I took my hand back after that.

"Good." He smiled. He looked around. The books towered at least three stories high. I wondered why I couldn't touch the book. I shrugged. "Why are we here?" I smirked. I rolled my eyes and hesitated as I saw a shiny book. It was a goldish color like the rest of his house. I got up and walked towards it. Jesse caught me. "No." He said sternly. I flinched. This other book was beautiful. The gold had mahogany etched into it. I looked at Jesse. "What book can I look at then!?" I stormed back to the seat.

I looked at Jesse in confusion. "That book has secrets that need to be kept. For now you must worry about the Book of Shadows." I furrowed my eyebrows. "The Book of WHat?" I fluttered my eyes. I sighed. I tried to take this in. I looked at the mysterious book no one wanted me to touch. He smiled as if he knew something I didn't. I stuck my tongue out at him. I looked down at my pink and green dress. It was torn slightly on the side, and my barrette was no where to be found. I shrugged. I looked at Jesse but he was gone.

I picked up the book. I flipped open the cover. It read the title of the book. "The Book of Shadows." As a read the words, the book glowed. I jumped up out of the seat and the book fell. Then I heard Jesse yell as if he was just hurt. I ran towards the kitchen. I saw Jesse on the floor as if he had just fallen. "Are you okay?!" I asked scattering. I looked at the boy and his spiky hair. He got up slowly. "What did you do to the book?" He tried to asked calmly. "I- U- I... dropped it." He grabbed me by the shoulders and shook me. "WHY!" My eyes teared up. He stopped and sighed. "Where's the book now?"

We walked back to the library, but the book wasn't on the floor anywhere. It was nowhere to be found. I looked at Jesse scared half to death. I didn't know what this meant, but Jesse did.
    Szamii.!
    Szamii.!
    Site Owner/Founder
    Site Owner/Founder

Post by Szamii.! Mon Aug 23, 2010 9:36 pm

~Chapter 6~

I looked at Jesse with fear in my eyes, "What!? What is it? What's wrong?" I asked, my heart beating through my dress, showing now. Jesse looked at me as if his life were on the line. "Casey... Sarah was protecting that book... That book keeps me alive! If it gets into the wrong hands or goes to far, I loose my life...!"

I gasped, my eyes growing wide, "I'm sorry..! I didn't know..." I muttered. I felt bad now, seeing the pain growing in his eyes, and bioling under his skin. He stepped forward toward me, bitting his lip, and placing a hand on my shoulder. "You need to find that book, Casey... You've got to..."

I nodded and said, "Where should I look? I have no idea where It went... Do I go with Sarah...!? Give me some kind of clue...!" I said fear overruling my body now, afraid of anything that could possibly happen, now. Jesse shook me lightly, "Casey! It's fine! Snap out of it...! Sarah will go with you... She'll help you out in the finding of the book. But listen to me..." he said, his voice calm, but slightly shaky.

I wiped the beginning or tears from my eyes, because I was now nervous of a few things. And I was certain of some others. First; If I didn't find this book... Jesse was dead for sure. Second; Sarah never really took a liking to me, so that was risky. And third, something told me that I had no desire to have ever met these two. I focused my attention back to Jesse and said, "What...?" my voice was mousy now, as I looked at him, my vsion starting to blur faintly.

"You're a witch... And you and that book... You're connected... You're naturally drawn to it. So if you feel a sort of pull, you're probably close." he spoke fluidly, as if it were nothing that his life was in danger. I went to walk away when he held his grip on my shoulder for a second. I looked at him quizzically as he spoke one last time. "You'll do fine... I promise." for once he flashed a quick, reassuring smile, and then let go.

Sarah entered the room and grabbed my wrist and we hastilly left the library winding back the way I had first come with Jesse, and then out of the house. She looked at me, and spoke finally, "I'll no longer be drawn to the book... So it's all up to you, now..." she said, her voice rather cold, like spikes of ice as the words hit me.

I nodded as I stumbled over my own feet and we emerged into the thick tree line of the dark, mysterious forest. I looked around fighting off the feeling of sorrow welling up in my chest, and fighting off the burning in my face which would, in latter time, bring tears. I tried to keep my breathing as even as possible, from the worry that this was causing.

Soon I felt a strange pull, which caused to me speed up my walking. Soon my walking turned to jogging, which in time changed to running. I was now running toward this mysterious attraction, as I could feel the power of the book. It was getting closer, and closer with every step.
    MyjesticS
    MyjesticS

Post by MyjesticS Wed Sep 01, 2010 5:08 pm

~Chapter 7~

I looked around as the pull got stronger. I looked back to ask a question but Sarah was gone. I was shocked. I shrugged and found a tree stump. I sat down on it and thought. "Why did I believe in any of this?" I looked around at the dense woods. I thought about Jesse. "I'm sorry." I whispered to myself. I got up and got walked the other direction towards the street, but I couldn't move. I was stepping backwards. My eyes widened as I kept kept. I finally turned around, but didn't know where I was. I frowned and sat on the damp moss beneath me. A shadow moved across the trees that I only noticed because a twig cracked and popped.

As I looked around frightened. I heard many different noises that startled me. I felt my eyes tear up. As I was about to scream, someone came up behind me and covered my mouth. I heard whispering and a distinct "Shh." I started to stream tears as the forest disappeared from my eyes. I tried to look behind me but the person or thing was in a long black cloak like the grim reaper. A chill went down my spine as I thought that this could be the grim reaper and being takes to die. Then everything stopped, I looked around, it seemed like we were in a forest, but it was to moist. A swamp, I concluded. I turned around but nothing was there. I then saw a shine come from the pond. I stepped forward but my shoe sunk in a gooey mud. "Eww!" I stuck up my nose.

As I edged forward, the watery mud crept up my legs. The mud stopped at my waist. I frowned, this was my cutest dress. I sighed and continued. On my next step, I was right above the shining light. I breathed deeply as I knelt down in the muck. I felt something. I pulled it up, but it was just a stone. I sighed.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Sun Apr 28, 2024 7:00 am